Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The Customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of a web-based learning management system, and a massive open online course platform.
About the Project:
The Customer’s solution has a few services that exist outside the primary monolith, which provide additional functionality to Customer’s core product - the world's fastest growing learning management system. The Customer needs help in operating and maintaining these services. This means the Customer needs a team staffed who is capable of full ownership of key parts of his product. This means things like having an operational mindset that will strive to surpass the Customer’s SLAs of 99.9% uptime 24x7, keeping the bug count very low, and focussing on test automation and eliminating waste (either process or technical).
The services will be:
- an attendance tool enabling teachers to easily record attendance. This is a standard Ruby on Rails app with backbone JS (and some react) on the frontend. Backed by RDS (both MySQL and Postgres).
- a document viewing and annotation service. This is made up of a couple services, a Node app and a conversion service (knight rider) written in Java. Backed by S3 and DynamoDB. It also uses SQS and has a small amount of Scala.
- LTI applications using Ruby and Rails. They are deployed on our platform infrastructure and leverage Postgres, ElastiCache, S3, etc.
Current Project Stage:
- At least 3+ years of experience with js
- Knowledge of frameworks available for js (such as Express, Node-RED, Device.js, Cylon.js)
- Strong understanding of software best practices, data structures, algorithms, databases and networks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
Nice to have:
Knowledge of React main principles
- Code, test and operate Node.js based services
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix bugs before they become a problem
- Take over maintenance and extend existing services
- Optimize use cases and error handling/test completeness
- Develop software solutions by: studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle
- Continuously expand knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment
- Provide recommendations for ongoing improvement
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
Salary: from 2200 EUR net
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.