Senior DevOps Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team!
We are searching for an engineer who is passionate about building tools and services as a force multiplier. The team builds and supports platforms and tools for the Customer’s engineers to enable DevOps on every single team, reduce duplicated effort in the Customer’s delivery pipeline, and increase overall developer happiness. The right candidate will be passionate about innovative tooling, engineering a great user experience, and increasing large-scale efficiency.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
The Customer is an educational technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is the developer and publisher of Canvas, a Web-based learning management system, and Canvas Network, a massive open online course (MOOC) platform.
About the Project:
The App helps students access their courses and groups when they aren't using a browser. It allows them to view and participate in a course or group, as well as view course calendars, to-do items, notifications, messages, and grades.
From any device, students can:
View grades and course content
Keep track of course work with a to-do list and calendar
Send and receive messages
Post on discussion boards
Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates
Project Tech Stack:
You will work with an experienced and diverse team!
- The Customer’s team is made up of engineers with experience in building innovative internal tools that help engineers be more productive
- Mixed stack and polyglot team with a deep commitment to quality and to using the right tech for each problem
- The team works on many projects across a broad spectrum of technologies in the DevOps space
- Engineers become the primary owners of services that enable product teams to execute on product instead of infrastructure
- The team reviews code and participates in technical design reviews
- The team works with product management to refine requirements and scope projects
- More than 3 years of Experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and developing against Amazon APIs
- Experience programming in Ruby, Node, or Go
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, or other infrastructure tools
- Experience creating or managing a CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Git/Gerrit, Spinnaker, etc.)
- MS/B in Computer Science or applicable development camp certificate preferred
- Develop and manage CI/CD process for several types of applications and automate as many processes as possible
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Help respond to development team's technical questions about continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Contribute to and maintain best practices and standards
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
Salary: from 2200 EUR net
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.