Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure)
We’re in search of a Lead DevOps Engineer (Azure) to lead a team of Domain engineers for the delivery of Infrastructure solutions, which include the Private and/or Public Cloud, Virtualization, Database, Systems Management Tools, Automation, Networking etc.
Customer’s Engineering teams primary focus is to develop detailed Low-Level Designs to and the delivery of technical components or solutions in accordance with a predefined set of business requirements and outcomes as specified by Solution or Domain Architects.
You will ensure the Domain Engineers leverage a standard set of enterprise wide artefacts such as Design Patterns and Standards. Follow guiding design principles ensuring the developed solutions or technical components deliver GBS strategic intent, whilst meeting the solution requirements providing business value. You will also focus on the development of automation to ensure consistent delivery of solutions and ongoing operations.
Since 1998 Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 1000+ employees in development centers across America, Europe and Asia.
About the Customer:
Founded in the Netherlands over 180 years ago, the Customer’s Company is a global leader in information services and expert solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. As of 2017, it was recognized by Corporate Knights as one of the 100 most sustainable companies in the world. It operates in over 150 countries.
About the Project:
The Project involves constructing business-facing apps in the public cloud.
Your team's assignments will include all relevant code and detailed Low Level Design. Engineers will work closely with Architecture and Operations to ensure all solutions are seamlessly transitioned from build to run.
You'll need to leverage a standard set of enterprise-wide artifacts such as Design Patterns and Standards and follow guiding design principles to deliver GBS strategic intent, all while providing business value.
Team Composition: 2 DevOps, 1 Scrum Master, 1 Senior Developer, 7 Senior DevOps, and 1 Senior Project Manager
Project Phase: Development
Project Duration: Ongoing
Strategy and Architecture:
- Specify and apply appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Format and communicate results, using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualization methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms and provide expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist consultancy.
Development and implementation:
- Specify and design large or complex systems. Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure they are applied effectively. Review others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology. Contribute to policy for selection of architecture components. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess and manage associated risks. Ensure that the system design balances functional, service quality, security and systems management requirements.
- Coordinate and manage planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or program. Take responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinate the execution of these activities. Provide authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution. Define and communicate the test strategy for the project. Manage all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability. Manage client relationships with respect to testing matters. Identify process improvements and contribute to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Lead a team, providing expert technical knowledge in the systems testing of platform-specific versions of the software products, on varying platforms. Provide specialist guidance information to support, systems testing and quality assurance functions to assist in improving procedures.
- Specify and design complex hardware components/ systems. Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise policies, and ensure they are applied effectively. Review others' designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and effective integration of multiple systems and technology. Contribute to policy for selection of components. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess and manage associated risks. Ensure that hardware designs balance functional, service quality, security, systems management and sustainability requirements.
- Take responsibility for installation projects, providing effective team leadership, including information flow to and from the customer during project work. Develop and implement quality plans and method statements. Monitor the effectiveness of installations and ensure that appropriate recommendations for change are made.
Delivery and Operation:
- Provide advice, assistance and leadership associated with the planning, design and improvement of service and component availability, including the investigation of all breaches of availability targets and service non-availability, with the instigation of remedial activities. Plan arrangements for disaster recovery together with supporting processes and manage the testing of such plans.
- Engage with technical design and project managers or Project Management Office, to ensure correct products are produced, in a timely fashion. Evaluate the quality of project outputs against agreed service acceptance criteria.
- Manage configuration items (CIs) and related information. Investigate and implement tools, techniques and processes for managing CIs and verify that related information is complete, current and accurate.
- Develop implementation plans for complex requests for change. Evaluate risks to the integrity of the service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted). Seek authority for those activities, review the effectiveness of change implementation, and suggest improvement to organizational procedures governing change management. Lead the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on requests for change.
- Lead the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conduct post release reviews. Ensure release processes and procedures are applied.
- Evaluate new system software, review system software updates and identify those that merit action. Ensure that system software is tailored to facilitate the achievement of service objectives. Plan the installation and testing of new versions of system software. Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Ensure that operational documentation for system software is fit for purpose and current. Advise on the correct and effective use of system software.
- More than 5 years’ IT Experience
- Experience with DevOps and automation
- Experience within an Engineering role supporting both Azure and AWS
- Experience with migrating datacenters workloads towards Azure and/or AWS
- Experience in Software Engineering
- Experience in a specific Design Domain
- Recent experience within the Design and implementation of complex, highly available and highly scalable solutions
- Cloud Computing
- Server/Datacenter virtualization
- Information Security
- Enterprise wide Architectural governance, architecture decisions, exceptions, standards etc
- Developing Foundational reusable technology components
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps/Visual Studio Online
- Proficient in two or more of the following
Advantages of working with Exadel:
- Attractive salary — we reward your commitment to our company
- Personal development — we understand that life-long learning is important and support everything that encourages a personal willingness to learn
- Language classes with a native speaker
- Flexible work schedule — a good work-life balance is the most important prerequisite for being creative and productive
- Friendly work environment
- Interesting job in an innovative company with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with a team full of interesting people
Salary: from 2600 EUR net
As a successful, high-growth company, we know that our employees are critical to our success. This is why we encourage ingenuity, creativity and teamwork as important elements to the growth of our business. We believe that career growth and business growth go hand in hand.